r18041 - gnucash/trunk - Merge webkit branch into trunk.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 14 10:07:40 EDT 2009

Herbert Thoma <herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de> writes:

> Herbert Thoma schrieb:
>> Derek Atkins schrieb:

>>> Ah, yeah, Fedora-7 era GnomePrint (pre GtkPrint) libraries.
>>> As we're in the process of moving completely to Webkit (at least
>>> I hope that's the goal) I think it's /probably/ safe to ignore
>>> these old libraries.
>>
>> Well SuSE may be a bit slow on the gnome side. This distro is only about
>> one year old.
>
> I revoke my statement. This coputer is still on SuSE 10.2 and the support
> period for this distro has ended ...

Ahh, yeah, like I said, Fedora-7 era.  I'm not sure offhand what version
of Gnome Fedora-8 or 9 has, but I would hope that we should support any
distros that were released by, say, May 1, 2008.

My only concern is going to be RHEL/CentOS.  The most recent
release/update (5.3) probably still has a relatively old Gnome/Gtk.  But
then again RHEL5 is old enough that it doesn't fall into the May 1, 2008
release-by date.  So I honestly don't think I care that much about it.
GnuCash 2.2 works there just fine, and someone could backport the
dependencies if they really want to run bleeding-edge gnucash.

So I think we should target Fedora 9 and equivalent Ubuntu and SuSE
releases from early 2008.