Custom Multicolumn Reports broken

Joslwah joslwah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:30:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:29:15 -0700
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at swclan.homelinux.org> wrote:

Dear Andrew,

Sorry for not being clear.  I'm trying to catch up with net
backlog stuff.

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:55:06PM +0100, joslwah wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:16:27 -0400
> > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Derek,
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > You cannot make a custom multi-column report.
> > > It's never worked, in any version of GnuCash.
> > >
> >     Have a look in
> > Reports-Sample & Custom-Custom Multicolumn Report.
> >
> >     It used to work until about a week ago, although some of the
> > more recent changes broken saved custom reports using this.
>
> I'm sorry, but what does this sentence mean? Did you have a saved
> multicolumn report that worked? And you are saying that it now doesn't
> work?

	Two separate issues:
		1)  Custom Multicolumn Reports now don't work at all,
with the above error.
		2)  At some point, and it may well have been the custom
report dialog changes that did it, saved multicolumn reports failed to
open.  However, recreating them did work and they saved and opened
correctly.