Custom Multicolumn Reports broken

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Thu Apr 16 10:05:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:20:09AM +0100, joslwah wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:29:15 -0700
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at swclan.homelinux.org> wrote:
[...]
> > On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:55:06PM +0100, joslwah wrote:
> > > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:16:27 -0400
> > > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
[...]
> > >     Have a look in
> > > Reports-Sample & Custom-Custom Multicolumn Report.
> > >
> > >     It used to work until about a week ago, although some of the
> > > more recent changes broken saved custom reports using this.
> >
> > I'm sorry, but what does this sentence mean? Did you have a saved
> > multicolumn report that worked? And you are saying that it now doesn't
> > work?
>
>     Two separate issues:
>         1)  Custom Multicolumn Reports now don't work at all,
> with the above error.

okay, I'm pretty sure that's an unrelated problem.

>         2)  At some point, and it may well have been the custom
> report dialog changes that did it, saved multicolumn reports failed to
> open.  However, recreating them did work and they saved and opened
> correctly.

interesting. so far as I know, and I'm sure this is what Derek was
referring to, saved multicolumn reports have never worked. Or at least
they haven't worked in years, since at least 2004 when I started using
gnucash. I'll have to do some experimenting!