make check on OS X

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 17 00:00:00 EDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> writes:
>
>> I've never been able to get make check to work for me. There's some
>> glitch in getting it to find msgfmt(?) properly during make check
>> which has never been a problem building and running without the
>> check.
>
> We should try to figure this out..  "make check" should work on all
> platforms.  (I say "should", but might not be able to).
>
> -derek

Hmm. make check works as long as I disable test-lots, it's make
distcheck that gives:

checking for a valid gettext/gmsgfmt installation... no
configure: error: Cannot find Glib Gettext.  Maybe you need to install
the gettext package?
make: *** [distcheck] Error 1

however:
$msgfmt --version
msgfmt (GNU gettext-tools) 0.14.5
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.
Written by Ulrich Drepper.

Dave