Webkit options in MacOSX

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Apr 20 16:33:26 EDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> The epiphany glue code which uses webkit does something similar -
> grabs the settings from gconf and passes them down to webkit.
>
> I could apply your patch, and it would allow people to set report
> fonts as a temporary measure.  However, what I think we want
> eventually is:
> 1) Add report formatting preferences to global preferences
> 2) Add report formatting preferences to report options.  These would
> default to the global preferences but could be overridden for a
> specific report.
> 3) Allow preferences to be saved and restored by name?  This would
> be similar to the current stylesheets.
> 4) Embed the preferences as css in the report html.  This ensures
> that the report can be exported and imported to another browser and
> still appear the same.

This sounds like a reasonable plan.  I know my patch is deficient, I
never meant it as a final (or perhaps even partial) solution.  It
could be part of point 1 in your list.  However if you want to
implement 2 and 3 then this patch would not be useful since it doesn't
understand the hierarchy of preferences you describe.  I made this
change partly for my own use and partly to learn about how this stuff
works.

            Mike