[MacOSX]Cut, Copy, and Paste in the registers

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 1 23:57:40 EDT 2009

I've figured out why this doesn't work: The register module (and
perhaps a couple of others, I haven't looked) implements Cut, Copy,
and Paste via gtkselections.c, which in turn depends upon
gdkselection(-quartz).c. Unfortunately, gdkselection is an ICCCM
(i.e., X-Windows) specific protocol. It might be possible to implement
in Cocoa, but it would be a lot of work.

It seems to me to be completely unnecessary for registers, where all
of the data are strings. Is there any good reason not to rewrite the
cut, copy, and paste functions to simply work the same as the main
window ones? (If they go away along with the menu-stuffing and
callbacks, will the gnc-main-window versions just magically take over?)

Regards,
John Ralls