About GnuCash 2.3.x / 2.4

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Tue Aug 4 18:41:36 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for this indeep info.

> There is *ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE* of what will happen if you try to modify
> the data using anything other than gnucash.

Sure.  Accessing/updating a GnuCash "file" in such a low level way can
be even more dangerous than modifying a XML file with a text editor; a
wrong SQL query can mess up the database(s) and make it(them) unusable
by GnuCash itself.
Read access only should be safe however...

I was thinking that reports in HTML could be easier to build or
customize (??), allow to quickly check results without the need to
open GnuCash, could be integrated with something else for automatization
(like sending the results by email), ...

AmigaPhil