Gnucash & Mysql

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 6 08:48:46 EDT 2009

Please remember to CC the list on all replies...

Kyle Creekmore <kyle.creekmore at gmail.com> writes:

> Well, now I can't even get it gnucash to open.  I get a message the
> gnucash-bin has stopped working (it gets to the point of loading
> data).  I deleted all registry keys and program files folder when
> uninstalling.  I then reinstalled, may be an issue with windows 7.  Do
> you have any recommendations?  2.3.3 is the only version with mysql
> support isn't it?
>
> Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone.

Yes, at this point only 2.3.3 has MySQL support, but it's also
an alpha/test release.  As you can tell it's not completely flushed
out.  And the MySQL support is still very new and needs lots of
testing.

You might want to move windows around -- you might be hitting the
"modal dialog pops up behind the main window" issue that we've seen.
Sometimes it can even pop up behind the splash screen...

-derek