Gnucash and root-account in MySQL

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:05:49 EDT 2009

2009/8/8 Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:
> On August 8, 2009 04:37:26 am Colin Law wrote:
>> 2009/8/8 Marcus Wolschon <Marcus at wolschon.biz>:
>>
>> > What`s the point of not having that entry for the root-account?
>> > "books" would just reference it`s guid.
>> > It`s the one thing that would make referential integrity possible
>> > when access-patterns/transactions have been changed to
>> > allow for it at some point.
>> >
>> > BTW: The database created has no index whatsoever.
>> > Somehow that does not sound right too.
>>
>> The fact that a number of the tables do not have primary keys is also
>> causing me problems.
>
> "Database created has no index whatsoever". What do you mean? Indexes (I
> assume you mean mysql) for each table based on primary key? postgresql
> creates them automatically. I have added a few indexes on large tables to
> improve query performance. What other indexes do you need?
>
> "tables do not have primary keys" - Which tables?

recurrences, slots, taxtable_entries and versions

Adding primary keys for these (they just need to be autoincrement
ints, so there should be minimal code changes) would help me.  Ruby on
Rails, for example, has a lot of difficulty without them.  Well
actually it is me that has the difficulty :)

Colin