Common code indentation, now using astyle

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Aug 30 15:16:38 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 30. August 2009 16:03 schrieb Forest Bond:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:16:02PM +0200, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Another program, another try: I propose to unify some aspects of
> > indentation using the "astyle" program, http://astyle.sourceforge.net .
>
> Has anyone checked out how many patches are in the bug tracker?  They will
> likely no longer apply cleanly once whitespace has been tweaked for the
> entire code base.

Currently, http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash says there are
13 patches. However, in the upgraded bugzilla version it doesn't seem to be
possible to search for a list of "gnucash bugs which have a patch attached";
so I can't tell which of these should go in relatively soon (so an
indentation should wait for this to be applied) and which of them are
probably not (yet) ready for commit anyway. At the time when I followed
bugzilla more closely, the number of patches never reduced to less than 10
because of unclear patch status, so in principle this shouldn't stop us from
doing this indentation. Better now than never.

Regards,

Christian