Undocumented? Close book

Birger Baksaas birger at baksaas.no
Wed Dec 9 13:41:42 EST 2009

The nice thing with GnuCash / XML is that it works on a single file
(book) just like say Open Office. So, save backups, for instance just
before running (or testing) Close Book. Then it is easy to go back if
the function did something strange.

Remember: close book is used for handling accounting periods (relevant
for business accounting, primarily at year's end).

Google gave:

http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/bookperiods.html

Wikipedia: "To close the books for the month, we will adjust expenses
and revenue to zero by appropriately crediting and debiting the income
summary and then closing the income summary to retained earnings (part
of equity)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-entry_bookkeeping_system

Birger