r18476 - htdocs/trunk/news - Fix unstable version warning

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Dec 9 17:49:24 EST 2009

On Wednesday 9 December 2009, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 23:34 +0100, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 9 December 2009, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > > I didn't 'svn update' until after I'd copied 2.3.7 to 2.3.8 as a
> > > template, so I didn't know about the new stuff.  It wasn't until I had
> > > first committed the 2.3.8 news item and then went to see how it looked
> > > on gnucash.org that I noticed some of the new stuff.  I copied the
> > > warning block, but nothing else.
> > >
> > > A new template would be great.  Even better would be working out a good
> > > process for updating the changed item section.  For this, I looked at
> > > the revision log from http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/log/gnucash/trunk,
> > > but it cuts off the comments.
> >
> > What do you mean with "it cuts off the comments" ?
>
> Here's the log message from the most recent commit: "Small UI string
> corrections related to the recent tax enhancements. Patch …"
>
> The "..." is what I mean.

Ok, now I see. It didn't cross my mind you were looking to a website in your
browser. I was looking at svn log at the command line, which also uses a URL
:)

You can check Show full log messages and click update. This gives you a view
with full log messages, but the layout is slightly changed as well. Maybe this
helps ?

If not, I think I should be able to whip up a script that extracts the right
information and massage it into the proper format.

Geert