Glade & Tip Of The Day Source

James Raehl james at raehl.us
Sun Dec 13 22:21:32 EST 2009

Three source questions:

1. I've expanded the limit of advance notice days for scheduled
transactions from 365 to 731 in my copy of
repos/src/gnome/glade/sched-xact.glade.  My method of isolating
transactions in transit before bank posting, is to date them exactly a
year in the future.  This requires 365 (366 for leap year) more advance
notice days.  It works, but I don't know if this file is actual source
or a generated file.  If I were submit a patch with this change, would
this be the file to patch against?

2. Is the Tip Of The Day primary source file at
repos/doc/tip_of_the_day.list.in?  There is at least one tweak for an
incomplete tip that I would like to do.  The Quick-fill tip should have
also said "then press the Tab key", after typing the first description
letters.

3. Is "View > Sort By" in the Register primary source in
src/gnome/glade/register.glade?  Is this the place to clarify that my
Transaction field addition to the register (changeset 18428) also
changes the date of entry (same field).  I would change the sort choice
line to "Date Of Entry/Transaction", or maybe "Entry/Transaction Date".

Thanks in advance for pointers to the right sources.
Jim Raehl