Please Help: Osascript Crash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 14 12:13:04 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Henry Weaver wrote:

> I've recently downloaded GNU Cash 2.9.3, I'm running OS X 10.4.11.
> I've installed the program, however when I run it I get the message
> "osascript requires that you type your password", I do this. Then GNU
> Cash quits and will not load. This happens repeatedly. Does anyone
> know the cure? What is osascript?

Osascript is a program that runs Applescripts. The script it's running is trying to create a link from your Gnucash.app bundle's Resources directory to /opt/gnucash-2.2.9, which is a path hard-coded into a bunch of places.

Open /Applications/Utilities/Console and look at the Console Log to see what the specific error is.

Regards,
John Ralls