Please Help: Osascript Crash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 14 20:08:33 EST 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 1:14 PM, Henry Weaver wrote:

> John and David,
>
> thank you very much for your email. I was really surprised that
> someone replied! How kind!
>
> I did what John instructed and got the following output from Console Log:
>
> -------------
> Linking /Applications/GNU Cash/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources to
> /opt/gnucash-2.2.9
> Dec 14 21:14:32 Henry-Weavers-G4 authexec: executing
> /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/StandardAdditions.osax/Contents/MacOS/uid
> 0:123: execution error: ln: /opt/gnucash-2.2.9: No such file or directory (1)
> Failed to execute message bus daemon
> /opt/gnucash-2.2.9/bin/dbus-daemon: No such file or directory.  Will
> try again without full path.
> Failed to start message bus: Failed to open "/Applications/GNU": No
> such file or directory
> EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
> /Applications/GNU Cash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash: line 176:
> /Applications/GNU Cash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/GNU-bin: No such
> file or directory
> /Applications/GNU Cash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash: line 176:
> exec: /Applications/GNU Cash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/GNU-bin:
> cannot execute: No such file or directory
>
> I presume I now have to create the files or tweak the folder routes.
> How do I do this? Any suggestions?

Please remember to CC the list when you reply. BTW, gnucash-devel is for the Gnucash developers to discuss gnucash internals, not for
support; the correct list for that is gnucash-user.

The space in "GNU Cash" is tripping up the launcher script. The highest-confidence solution would be to rename it to GNU_Cash if you really insist on having an extra directory layer... but Gnucash.app is a self-contained bundle, so nothing else is going to go in that extra folder, it probably makes more sense to not have it and just keep Gnucash.app directly in /Applications.