GnuCash Website: Translations are wrong encoded or missing; was: All pages are wrong encoded or lost

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Mon Dec 21 13:54:24 EST 2009

Sorry for the delay, but my provider didn't allow me to mail from Belgium,

Am Tuesday 20 October 2009 17:43:34 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> "Frank H. Ellenberger" <f.ellenberger at online.de> writes:

> >> That's harder to handle because the list archives really ARE of
> >> mixed encodings...  The older stuff really is ISO, the newer stuff
> >> probably is UTF8.
> >
> > The content would be hard, but the frame (names of month)?
>
> I can adjust the server..  What's actually going on?  Is the content ISO
> or UTF8?  And what is the server claiming in the headers?

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-de/: The server seems to claim
UTF-8, but the pages have <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1"> included. So the month name März (march) is ISO-1
encoded. The same on: pipermail/gnucash-fr: Décembre, Février, Gzipés
and pipermail/gnucash-br: Março

while pipermail/gnucash-es has the accent html encoded, clever.

> > Anw why are the 2 header lines in /fr in french, but in /de in english?
> > I would /de translate, if needed, but didn't find the strings in
> > htdocs/po.
>
> Ummm...Which 2 headers?

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-de/
"The gnucash-de Archives
 You can get more information about this list or you can search the archives."
should read:
"Die gnucash-de Archive
Sie können <a ..>weitere Informationen über diese Liste</a> erhalten oder
<a ..>die Liste durchsuchen</a>

The same on -br, but I am no native speaker of that language.

> >> -derek
> >
> > Frank
>
> -derek

Frank