r17929 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Doxygen: Adjust the style of a comment block for consistency and to eliminate a splint warning.

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:29:13 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>wrote:

> Yesterday, I started looking at splint to see if it would find any
> potential
> problems in the SQL backend.  I've seen a reference on the web to
> integrating
> splint into automake-generated projects but haven't followed through.  I
> may
> create a new branch to investigate the benefits of full annotation, since
> you
> can have splint track ownership of memory, routine pre/post conditions, and
> other interesting issues.

That might be a good idea, as my splint results are full of memory
management warnings that are mostly false positives. Splint seems to assume
that functions returning pointers are "only" in style. On the other hand,
I'm not quite sure what the proper annotation should be for something
like gnc_get_current_book() or xaccSplitGetParent().

> Phil

-Charles