Support for multiple account types for an account placeholder

Mikael Andersson mikael at develog.se
Mon Feb 23 15:13:13 EST 2009

Thanks for the comments.

I discovered yet another account group (8) in the BAS account plan that
comprises two types. What I have to do at the moment is to abandon the
account groups of multiple types and rather let their child accounts be
on the root level in gnucash. This is OK, I guess, but it would of
course be nice to have it with the proper structure.

Anyhow, has anyone looked into the backwards compatibility issue, does
anyone know if it could be implemented without breaking this? What are
the requirements of backwards compatibility for gnucash?

Thanks,

Mikael