mailing list delay

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 26 09:30:24 EST 2009

Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> writes:

> There seems to be a delay of several hours between me sending messages
> and them showing up on the list.
>
> Is this caused by moderation, or just slow servers?

Neither.  It's caused by your system taking 5 hours to get the
message to the GnuCash server.  Taking a look at the received-by
headers of this message from you I see:

	by mail.ukfsn.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 59D2BDEBE9
	for <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>; Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:44:09 +0000 (GMT)
[snip]

This means that it took almost 5 hours for smtp-filter.ukfsn.org to
send the message to cvs.gnucash.org.

Look inward, young son.  The problem lies not with the GnuCash servers.
Once it was received by GnuCash it took merely 1m41s to make it into
my inbox at MIT.