Postgres support

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Jan 2 11:04:39 EST 2009

On January 2, 2009 01:54:01 am Erika Rice Scherpelz wrote:
> What is the current status of the Postgres backend for Gnucash?  The
> FAQ (
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Is_the_Postgres_DB_.2F_SQL_backend_supp
>orted.3F ) and the bug it points to have some promising rumblings.  Is there
> any estimate of when the feature is likely to be in a release?
>
> Thanks for the update,
>
>   Erika

The current postgres backend is basically dead.  In the gnucash subversion
trunk, there is now an SQL backend which supports sqlite, mysql and
postgresql.  It has not been put into a release yet, but some people have
built it and are testing/using it.  It supports all gnucash objects, including
the business objects.  It is, at this point, single-user only i.e. doesn't
support multiple using the same db at the same time.  At this point, there is
no estimate when it will be available in a release.

I've been doing my testing with sqlite, and a little bit with mysql.  I've
used postgres enough to verify that it does basically work.

Phil