$echo undefined in libtool

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:59:25 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm used at keeping updated with the svn version of gnucash, on a Linux
system (Opensuse 11.1, AMD 64).

I noticed that libtool defines the variable $ECHO at line 162

ECHO="echo"

but later on refers to the variable $echo (eg. line 833), which returns an
empty string and causes failure of "make".
Everything works fine again if I manually add in line 163

echo="echo"

Could this be fixed in the trunk?

Also, I guess 2.2.8 is good enough for my needs at the present state, but I
fear I would get some forward incompatibilities with either the data formats
or the reports. Any clue about that? Can I trust that 2.2.8 will work fine
with my data saved with current svn?

Thanks a lot for your help

Davide