Fw: Oddity in TXF report

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:40:49 EST 2009

David,

See comments below:

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alex--
>
> Could you re-send me a copy of the TXF report file? Maybe when I updated to GC2.2.8, your version of the file got replaced. I can't seem to put my hands on the file I downloaded from you.

Go to 'http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/' and under gnucash, select
trunk. In 'src/report/locale-specific/us' you will find the new
'taxtxf.scm'. Download it. Find your existing 'taxtxf.scm' (it is in
'/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/' on my Fedora system
- if I recall correctly, you have a MAC so your location may differ -
I don't know MACs). Change its name to 'taxtxf.scm.orig' and copy the
downloaded file to the same place. I think that should work. When you
restart gnucash, you should have the new report in place of the old
one.

I now remember that my patch was applied to trunk and isn't included
in the 2.2 branch so when you updated your system to 2.2.8 you
replaced the copy of the new report you had received directly from me
with the old one still in 2.2.8. The old report only allows one
account to have a specific tax code unless the code says 'payer source
y'. This limitation doesn't apply to the new report.

The next major release will have the new version of the report -
meanwhile, you can go through this process each time you get a new
release of 2.2 to have the new report.

Alex