AUDIT: r17840 - gnucash/trunk/src/register/ledger-core - Register: Add additional debugging output during register cleanup. Also rename a variable for clarity and to match typical usage in the rest of the ledger code.

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:04:42 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>wrote:

> On January 24, 2009 01:15:10 am Charles Day wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> > > Innocuously-seeming changes often come back to bite us.  Just look
> > > at the one-line change put into 2.2.8 that causes "close invoice"
> > > to crash!
> >
> > Agreed, however this particular changeset (r17841) doesn't change any
> > functionality - it is all edits to comments except in two spots where a
> > function declaration in the .h file had a different parameter name from
> in
> > the .c file. Simple typos -- I just made them match.  Anyway that
> changeset
> > is just for documentation, so no problem, no need to backport it. There
> > will be another doxygen changeset committed soon. I won't mark that one
> for
> > backport.
>
> I've seen an innocuous change to a comment cause a problem - the comment
> was
> left unclosed and gobbled up code until the next comment.  Do our compiler
> flags catch comment opening within a comment?

Good question. I'd be interested to know the answer too.

Bottom line though, these changes are totally optional to backport as they
don't actually fix anything. The number of register bugs this might help me
with could probably be counted on one hand. So if it doesn't get backported,
no big deal. Just could mean a few fixes to hard-to-reproduce register
problems don't get done any time soon.

> Phil

-Charles