Problems testing the sign of a commodity collector.

Michael McKay michael.mckay at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 25 19:23:01 EST 2009

I'm having problems testing the sign of a commodity collector.

I've modified the income statement to show gross margin and EBITDA.  I've
removed the option for multiple columns and put all the results in a single
table.  It all works well except for the following:

The original scm code used this:

       (report-line
	   (if standard-order?
	       exp-table
	       inc-table)
	   (string-append (_ "Net income") period-for)
	   (string-append (_ "Net loss") period-for)
	   net-income
	   (* 2 (- tree-depth 1)) exchange-fn #f #f
	   )

I'd like to replace it with:

	  (add-subtotal-line my-table
	    (if (gnc-numeric-negative-p (net-income))
	      (string-append (_ "Net loss") period-for)
	      (string-append (_ "Net income") period-for)
	    )
	    #f net-income)

Net-income is defined as

     (set! net-income (gnc:make-commodity-collector))

Everything works but the if statement. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Michael McKay

Web site: http://mjmhelp.com
Web log:  http://mjmhelp.com/blog