Problem with eguile balance sheet

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 1 05:20:50 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> I changed notespage to notes-page in 2 places. Now I get:
> 133: 25* (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash")
> /opt/gnucash2-svn/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.scm:133:19:
> In expression (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash"):
> /opt/gnucash2-svn/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.scm:133:19:
> Unbound variable: sub-vicinity
>
> If I google "sub-vicinity", I see something in slib. Do I need to
> configure something to make it available?

balsheet-eg.scm needs

    (use-modules (ice-9 slib))

near the top.

Clearly there's something about Guile and/or GnuCash that I don't
understand going on.  Perhaps it's because I have taxinvoice.scm
installed as well, and that uses slib, so that slib is still available
when balsheet-eg.scm is loaded.  That would explain why balsheet-eg.scm
works for me without that extra line.

<goes away and does some more testing>

Yes, if I remove the line from config.user that loads taxinvoice.scm,
balsheet-eg.scm reveals that it needs these three:

   (use-modules (gnucash report eguile-gnc))
   (use-modules (ice-9 regex))
   (use-modules (ice-9 slib))  ; for 'vicinity' functions

I'll update the copy on the bug report.

BTW, is there somewhere better than the bug report for storing these
report files?

Hopefully we'll collect a whole range of reports and templates that
users have developed, not all of which should necessarily be in the
released GnuCash packages.

I see that the wiki doesn't allow files to be uploaded.  Can that be
changed?  Or is there somewhere better to put these files?

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK