Problem with eguile balance sheet

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 1 19:34:36 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On July 1, 2009 05:20:50 am Chris Dennis wrote:
>  > Phil Longstaff wrote:
>  > >...
>  > >
>  > > I changed notespage to notes-page in 2 places. Now I get:
>  > >...
>  > >
>  > > 133: 25* (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash")
>  > >
> /opt/gnucash2-svn/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.
>  > >scm:133:19: In expression (sub-vicinity (user-vicinity) ".gnucash"):
>  > >
> /opt/gnucash2-svn/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.
>  > >scm:133:19: Unbound variable: sub-vicinity
>  > >
>  > > If I google "sub-vicinity", I see something in slib. Do I need to
>  > > configure something to make it available?
>  >
>  > balsheet-eg.scm needs
>  >
>  > (use-modules (ice-9 slib))
>  >
>  > near the top.
>  >
>  > Clearly there's something about Guile and/or GnuCash that I don't
>  > understand going on. Perhaps it's because I have taxinvoice.scm
>  > installed as well, and that uses slib, so that slib is still available
>  > when balsheet-eg.scm is loaded. That would explain why balsheet-eg.scm
>  > works for me without that extra line.
>  >
>  > <goes away and does some more testing>
>  >
>  > Yes, if I remove the line from config.user that loads taxinvoice.scm,
>  > balsheet-eg.scm reveals that it needs these three:
>  >
>  > (use-modules (gnucash report eguile-gnc))
>  > (use-modules (ice-9 regex))
>  > (use-modules (ice-9 slib)) ; for 'vicinity' functions
>  >
>  > I'll update the copy on the bug report.
>

> OK. You also need (use-modules (gnucash main)) to define gnc:debug.
>

> Now, it complains about "string-prefix?"

That's in
   (use-modules (srfi srfi-13)) ; string-handling
I still don't understand why it doesn't complain on my system.  I'll
have to read up on use-modules etc.

> Note that I added this report to src/report/standard-reports and
> standard-reports.scm.

Hmm.  I've only tested it by putting

   (load-from-path "/home/chris/.gnucash/balsheet-eg.scm")

into ~/.gnucash/config.user.  I haven't tried defining it as a
'standard' report.  Maybe that makes a difference -- perhaps modules in
config.user are loaded later, when more modules are available???

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK