crash in 2.3.2 Save As

Graham Menhennitt graham at menhennitt.com.au
Thu Jul 9 17:20:29 EDT 2009

Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> A (bzipped, redacted) trace file can be downloaded from
>>> http://menhennitt.com.au/gnucash.trace_232_redacted.bz2. I rebuilt 2.3.1
>>> and it doesn't crash, so it's definitely something different between
>>> 2.3.1 and 2.3.2.
>>>

>> Another thing to do would be to get a Stack Trace (see
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stack_Trace for how)
>>

> I don't think it's very useful, but the stack backtrace is below. I'm
> attempting to debug now. It looks like the provider list is returned
> correctly from qof_backend_get_registered_access_method_list(); but
> something goes wrong after that. Hopefully, I'll get back with some more
> soon.

Ok, the problem is that you need to have either "file" or "sqlite3"
providers available. Otherwise the variable active_access_method_index
doesn't get set. I'm not sure what the intention was here: do you really
need one of those two providers, or was it intended that the "mysql",
"postgres", and "xml" cases in the if's have "active_access_method_index
=" in them the same as the other two? I suspect the latter.

Hang on...

Yeah, I just added "active_access_method_index =" in 3 places and it
seems to work. I'll add this to BugZilla.... done #588198.

Graham