Compiling errors on F11 64-bit; question on sending in patch files

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Jul 24 16:10:32 EDT 2009

Dear Alex,

your patch looks very good! I've committed this to SVN now (unfortunately I
missed 2.3.3).

I've split the patch in two; one with the type changes, which are likely to
not introduce any problems, and another patch with the newly added casts. By
the way, where does BAD_CAST come from? I didn't know it and I didn't see a
declaration anywhere. I only saw this already being used a lot.

And this whole issue with signed and unsigned chars in strings is a big mess
of C. A (string) character should be a character and not having any
signedness, but well, we have to live with the language as it is.

Thanks a lot for your contribution!

Christian