use-modules, gnc:module-load etc.

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 28 13:24:44 EDT 2009

Hello folks

I've got bogged down while putting the finishing touches to the tax
invoice report.

I can't work out which other Guile modules need to be included, for
example to give my gnc-numeric-to-double.  It used to work, but after
splitting some useful routines into a separate module, it now doesn't.

Looking into the way other reports do it, I find a tangle of
inter-dependent modules using 'use-modules' or sometimes
'gnc:module-load' etc.

Is there any documentation on 'gnc:module-load'?  When would I use that
instead of 'use-modules'?  What about 'load-from-path'?

Is there a quick way of determining what I need to use
gnc-numeric-to-double (which is just a Swig-wrapped C routine).

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK