Online OFX import of Investment Statements

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Thu Jun 4 17:26:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 4. Juni 2009, Stephen R. Besch wrote:
[...]
>     1) Patch aqbanking to simply save a copy of the OFX data returned
> from the bank, skipping any attempt at parsing the file.
[...]

Hmm... I have a bit of a problem to commit the AqBanking patches. The idea
behind the AqBanking library is to do what's required to return a list of
transactions by any means necessary (in this case: OFX Direct Connect). Even
though your approach might work well with your patched version of GnuCash it
might not work with other applications. It would also prevent AqBanking from
importing bank account transactions (which currently works reasonably well).

So from my point of view as AqBanking developer the correct approach would be
to make the OFX parser of AqBanking parse the additional information rather
than preventing the parser to work on OFX data at all.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/