GnuCash Documentation in PDF format

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 08:32:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:15, Derek Atkins<warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>:

>>> That would be most excellent!  Thank you.
>>>
>>> If "make pdf" is all that's needed, I can set that up as part of
>>> the daily doc build on 'code'.

Derek, I think I've solved my "non-deterministic" build problems.  I
found that fop uses the JAVA_ARGS environment variable so I passed:

  export JAVA_ARGS="-Xmx256m"

to increase the heap size and the "make pdf" build.  The guide pdf
document looks good (except for the too-wide/large screen shots) and
an automatic build should work if you get the memory thing right (I
think I would be generous because they warn that fop uses a lot with
forward references and image scaling).  I also updated my docbook xsl
sheet package to the latest which is version 1.75.1.

Regards,

-Tom