'Make check' problem in trunk

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 13 10:09:06 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> Just for the fun of it, I ran 'make check' in trunk.  I got:
>
> Making check in po
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/phil/gnucash2/trunk/po'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `../src/optional/python/bindings/gnucash_core.c', needed by `gnucash.pot'.
> Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/gnucash2/trunk/po'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> I don't have the python bindings installed.

Yeah, I noticed this myself but I'm not sure how best to handle it.
The file only sometimes exists, so some of the testing we do to make
sure POTFILES is up to date will break.

I'm wondering why the python gnucash_core.c is being included -- it
shouldn't have any strings.

Maybe we should just exclude going into src/optional/python?