New Splash Screen Graphic

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 14 19:27:49 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:48:59AM -0700, Charles Day wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Andrew Sackville-West <
> >
> > +1 ^ 2
> >

> Is it OK to have the names of well-known companies in the graphics? Any
> issue with the artist putting a credit in the text? (At least it is quite
> subtle.)

Charles, good eye. I withdraw my +1^2 pending the removal of
recognizable proprietary trademarks. I personally have no problem with
the artists name in the text. It is no different than the copyright
notices in the preambles to source code, IM(very uneducated)O.

That said, and based on his other post in this thread, I suspect
the artist doesn't realize what it means to release his art to the
project. Tynan, perhaps you should read up on these licenses.