Reports and the root account

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Mar 18 15:34:43 EDT 2009

While doing some testing on the sql backend, I noticed that when I run a
report (e.g. Balance Sheet), the report system attempts to query all
transactions for the root account.  The sql backend tries to do a
xaccAccountLookup() on the guid in the qofQuery, and fails when it returns
NULL.

I could detect this and fail more gracefully i.e. ignore this account, but I
think it should be handled in the report system.  I don't plan to address this
right now, but can log this in bugzilla if no one else wants to look at it in
the near future.

Phil