r18001 - gnucash/trunk/src/report - Implement new custom report dialog.

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 26 15:42:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 03:38:38PM -0400, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Author: andrewsw
> Date: 2009-03-26 15:38:38 -0400 (Thu, 26 Mar 2009)
> New Revision: 18001
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/18001
>
> Added:
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/custom-report-dialog.glade
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/dialog-custom-report.c
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/dialog-custom-report.h
> Modified:
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/Makefile.am
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/report-gnome.i
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-gnome/report-gnome.scm
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-system/report-system.scm
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/report-system/report.scm
> Log:
> Implement new custom report dialog.
>
> Implements a new interface for accessing "saved" or "custom" reports.
> Specifically, the current sub-menu is replaced with a dialog holding a
> GtkTreeView of the saved reports. From here the user can either run or
> delete an existing saved report.
>
> * allows deletion of existing saved reports
> * allows immediate access to new saved reports from this session (no
>   need to restart gnucash to get access to new saved reports!)
> * keeps a single rolling backup of saved reports in case of errors

someone please look this over closely. I've not done this kind of work
in gtk before, and I'm concerned about potential problems. I've tested
it pretty well here including edge cases like deleteing a report that
is currently open, exiting and restarting, but I'm not confident
enough to say its clean.

thanks