Trouble compiling

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Tue Mar 31 16:32:47 EDT 2009

It depends what you want to do.  Doing what you are doing, downloading the source from trunk and compile it, is for the developers.  Trunk is the source code that is being worked on.  It is not guaranteed not to crash or corrupt data.  You would use it if you want the bleeding edge or if you want to work on the code.

If all you want is to get gnucash to use it for your personal use, you need to use your distro's packaging system to get a pre-built binary.  For ubuntu, this would be 'sudo apt-get install gnucash'.  If that version is too old and you want a more up-to-date version (gnucash 2.2.9), there may be a version built for your distro, or you need the 2.2 branch code, not trunk.

What are you trying to do?

Phil