How To Getarted?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 1 10:13:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

This is a User Question and should be asked on the USER list.
I've cc'd that list and set replies to this message to forward
there.  You should subscribe to gnucash-user before you respond
and make sure you send follow-ups there.

"Don & Clara" <clarendonatlocherin at comcast.net> writes:

> If possible, I would like to receive a checklist, step-by-step, in English
> that tells me how to set-up and operate Gnucash. I am interested in a bank
> check register, credit card account, and possibly following personal
> investments.

Go to www.gnucash.org
Click on Documentation
Click on Concepts and Tutorial Guide
Enjoy.

> You list additional items that I do not even know what they are, but where
> to obtain them.

I'm sorry, what additional items are listed, and where is this list?

> I read about Gnucash in PC World with interest and would like to try to
> replace Quicken with Gnucash but do not know where to start.

Install it.

You don't say what OS/Distro you're using so I can't tell you
specifically how.