finance-quote issue

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 18:53:36 EDT 2009

On May 2, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an issue with finance-quote. When I do an "Get Quotes" in the
> price
> editor of gnucash 2.2.8, I get
>
> Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
>  FUND:LYX0AG
> Continue using only the good quotes?
>
> But when I run
>
> $ /opt/gnucash-2.2.8/bin/gnc-fq-dump VWD LYX0AG
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>    symbol: LYX0AG               <=== required
>      date: 05/02/2009           <=== required
>  currency: EUR                  <=== required
>      last: 68.06                <=\
>       nav:                      <=== one of these
>     price: 68.06                <=/
>  timezone:                      <=== optional
> $
>
> which seems ok.
>
> Any ideas why gnucash could refuse to update the fund prices?

gnc-fq-dump -v VWD LYX0AG
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
     symbol: LYX0AG               <=== required
       date: 05/03/2009           <=== required
   currency: EUR                  <=== required
       last: 68.06                <=\
        nav:                      <=== one of these
      price: 68.06                <=/
   timezone:                      <=== optional

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock LYX0AG

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
LYX0AG       currency: EUR
LYX0AG           date: 05/03/2009
LYX0AG       errormsg:
LYX0AG        isodate: 2009-05-03
LYX0AG           last: 68.06
LYX0AG           name: Lyxor MSCI World FCP
LYX0AG          price: 68.06
LYX0AG         source: VWD
LYX0AG        success: 1
LYX0AG         symbol: LYX0AG
LYX0AG           time: 30.04.09

Looks like VWD changed their site again, or is otherwise sending what
looks like a date in the time field. Gnucash wants a fully qualified
date+time in order to accept the data. The time being sent by VWD is
not valid.

Dave
--
David Reiser