Issue with new save-as dialog for postgres

Scott Peshak speshak at randomscrews.net
Mon May 18 22:27:45 EDT 2009

> I hate to reply to my own post, but I did a little more digging on this.
> Gnucash is trying to connect to port 0 for some reason.  I confirmed
> this with wireshark.  I tried adding :5432 to the host text field, but
> this had no effect.

Turns out port 0 is hard coded.

I changed src/backend/dbi/gnc-backend-dbi.c line 438 from this:

result = dbi_conn_set_option_numeric( be->conn, "port", 0 );

to this:

result = dbi_conn_set_option_numeric( be->conn, "port", 5432 );

and things are working now.  Perhaps if the port is going to be hard
coded it should at least be the default port for postgres?