C Compiler Question

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun May 24 09:00:09 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 24. Mai 2009 14:38 schrieb Tom Bullock:
> I don't have access to a C compiler at work.  So I want to download a
> free compiler at home.  Since currently all I run at home is Windows XP,
> would I still be able to use the gcc compiler in that operating system,

Yes. Gnucash on Windows compiles with gcc and there is a gcc on Windows
available (in the "MinGW" package). Just follow the instructions on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows and after the script there has finished
you will have the free gcc compiler installed on your Windows XP as well.

Christian