[Fwd: Re: automatic progressive transaction id across accounts]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 26 15:05:50 EDT 2009

It's the Invoice # on Invoice transactions in A/R, A/P
It's the Check Number for checking accounts

Basically, the field is already being used for other things by other people,
so suggesting it as the recipient of a globally automated numbering system
is a Bad Idea.

-derek