Software Problems

Micha Lenk micha at lenk.info
Thu May 28 02:36:09 EDT 2009

Hello Chris,

Chris Hawkins schrieb:
> I would like to start off by saying that I love your software. It works
> great for what I need it for; I only have one concern though. While I was
> placing deposits and withdrawals I noticed that only one of the rows don't
> add u correctly. I have attached a screen shot for you to review. Do you
> think that this will be a problem throughout the software?

What version are you using?

I am occasionally observing this behaviour on my own. Usually it is
caused by entering something in the "Num" column which apparently
triggers a re-ordering mechanism. This re-ordering then does not
re-calculate the "Balance" column correctly.

If you save, close and re-open your Gnucash file all balances should add
up correctly again.

Regards
  Micha