win32 daily build is set up on gnucash.org

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu May 28 05:38:08 EDT 2009

Derek and I managed to set up a daily win32 build of the full gnucash package
on a vmware machine on gnucash.org. This build is triggered by running the
shell script
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32/daily_build.sh
every night. The result is the current setup.exe installer, 71 MB, of gnucash
trunk.

However, the last step of publishing the file somewhere is still missing, so
nobody can see the result so far :-). But Derek is working on this, and
eventually we will have the win32 gnucash build from trunk and the log from
the build process online somewhere. (The log might be helpful if on any given
day there isn't an updated win32 package but instead the log terminated
somewhere because of a compiler error.)

As this is now in place, we could very well compile a different tag instead of
trunk, or other branches, or whatever. Compiling gnucash and creating the
setup.exe takes approx. 30 minutes, but only if all prerequisites are already
compiled and installed. Compiling all prerequisites takes well over 3-5
hours.

Regards,

Christian