Algorithm for allocating payments

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 06:52:18 EST 2009

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:48:18 +0200, Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm>
wrote:
> marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> Why write it yourself?
>
> Because jgnucashlib didn't exist when I started writing this code, it's
> been around for a while :)
>
>> That code already exists in jGnucashLib.
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/jgnucashlib/
>>
>> I remember that I wrote code to mark transactions
>> as being the payment for invoices and for adding
>> and posting new invoices from java.
>
> This is excellent, thank you! Do any javadocs exist for this? I see a
> "todo" in the documentation for javadocs.

Ant should be able to create javadocs for you but the code
is very well commented. So I guess having a look at
http://jgnucashlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jgnucashlib/trunk/jGnucashLib/plugins/biz.wolschon.finance.jgnucash.viewer.main/source/
and
http://jgnucashlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jgnucashlib/trunk/jGnucashLib/plugins/biz.wolschon.finance.jgnucash.editor.main/source/

should be enough already.

> What is an "order" (in the xac file)?

It is a <gnc:job> in the gnucash-file.
I ignore the backup-files completely, choosing
to rename the gnucash-file to a name with a timestamp
on every write instead.

> How are prepayments handled?

I don't remember the details.
I could look it up tomorrow.