Gnucash mirror issue

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Nov 11 08:38:29 EST 2009

I just thought I'd mention this...

While investigating the download links I mentioned in my previous post, I
notice there's a problem with the ftp.at.gnucash.org mirror.

Clicking this linkgives me a message telling me that there are more than 100
files in this directory and an option to see all files, or only the files
beginning with "gG" or "rR". I verified on the gnucash.org website and there
are indeed more than 100 files there.

I can't get the server to give me the directory listing by clicking on the
proposed links. I always get back to the "more than 100 files" message.

A possible way to fix this (work around), would be to make subdirectories for
each stable release, the same as in the unstable directory. That would limit
the number of files to list and would probably make the mirror server happy.

Also for your information, this mirror server is very slow (at least while I
tried).

Geert