Website download section

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Nov 13 15:44:53 EST 2009

On Friday 13 November 2009, John Ralls wrote:
> I got the same results.
>
> Interestingly, if I copy the contents of your page into a file and
> display the file in Firefox, I don't get the redirect screen either.
> That suggests that it's neither cookie magic (since the only cookies
> it can see with my setup are the ones it sets itself) nor anything in
> the html header (since those are also the same). There must be
> something in the http headers... truly something beyond our control.

Yes, http headers is what I actually meant. Sorry for the confusion.

> Anyway, not a big deal. Probably the best solution is to keep a copy
> of the Readme on the Gnucash.org website and just link to that (copies
> and those, actually, because there's a separate one for unstable).

I did notice there's a separate one for each release (2.3.5, 2.3.7, 2.2.9,...)
indeed.

I slightly hesitant to put a copy of the Readme files on the gnucash.org
website. Technically there's no objection, it's rather that this would add an
extra manual step in maintaining the website that could easily be forgotten
(put the files on sourceforge, remember to copy them to gnucash.org).

If the download mirror intermediate screen bothers you enough, I don't mind
setting this up though. As you maintain the OS X port, it's your call.

Geert