Win32: The binary pgsql package depends on MSVCR71.dll which we must not depend upon

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 11:53:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Samstag, 3. Oktober 2009, Christian Stimming wrote:
[...]
> Oh, and there's a much more severe error, as mentioned by me in the
> bugzilla item: By including the suitable openssl DLLs (libeay32.dll,
> libssl32.dll, ssleay32.dll) in your pgsql binary, you're silently
> overwriting those openssl DLLs which we compile ourselves during the win32
> build, and on which the aqbanking library depends upon. In other words, the
> inclusion of the current pgsql binary package most probably will cause any
> SSL-related operation of aqbanking to crash badly.
[...]

BTW: AqBanking doesn't link against OpenSSL and even doesn't use it at all (we
had to switch to GCrypt due to Debian's unwillingness to ship AqBanking when
linked against OpenSSL).

However, the library Gwenhywfar contains a console tool ("gct-tool") which
links against OpenSSL. But this tool is only needed to create and manage
keyfiles.

Anyway, introducing another MSVC version will most likely lead to other
problems due to clashing of symbols... One can't predict from which MSVC dll
symbols are taken if there are multiple MSVC*.dll...

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/