Oct 4 Windows build disappears without a message

jraehl at raehls.org jraehl at raehls.org
Mon Oct 5 00:55:14 EDT 2009

The 3 changesets today Oct 4 resulted in a working Gnucash for me, version 18370.

I deleted c:\soft\webkit-1.1.5, also pgsql, libdbi, libdbi-drivers, guile, and gmp.  I think that covered all the new stuff.  I had to delete corresponding folders in c:\soft\tmp for gmp, libdbi, libdbi-drivers, and guile, due to a complaint about two versions of gmp there and paranoia about the others.

Jim Raehl

Am Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2009 17:32 schrieb jraehl at raehls.org:
> The newest build with the Oct 3 flood of changesets, disappears upon
> startup with no messages, on both of my computers, one with a long history
> of builds, one with freshly installed build environment a few days ago.
> Gnucash.trace is zero-length.

I've reverted the changes which I consider relevant for the win32 build: I
reverted the updated slib and the removal of the pgsql module (which might
have caused more unexpected side-effects.).

This should get us back to the status where a missing MSVCR71.DLL will be
complained about, but the rest should start up fine.

I'm curious how this build (r18369) will then work on your machine...

> I built with the same changes, using install.sh, then dist.sh, then
> installing the executable, except for the recent RBALN changes in
> register/ledger-core, plus some date hacks of my own in
> register/ledger-core.  I built with AQBANKING_WITH_QT=no in custom.sh, and
> commented out the 7 QT DLL lines at lines 82-89 of
> build/packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.

You haven't removed your previous guile directory, have you? In that case your

locally installed version didn't actually use the slib version upgrade (from
3a3 to 3b2), which might very well have causes this showstopper.

Regards,

Christian