Webkit dependencies

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 12 10:11:52 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> Gnucash on win32 currently uses webkit 1.1.5 from April which I pulled down
>>From the net.  I've been working lately on trying to use a more recent version
> (the webkitgtk team is trying to stabilize, and are at 1.1.15.2).
> Unfortunately, webkit now depends on libsoup and enchant, and on win32,
> libsoup includes windows .h files which define GUID, so there's a definition
> clash.  I've hacked around that, for now, but I'm not sure what the best
> solution will be.

Are you saying that webkit not only depends on those libraries, but also
EXPORTS those libraries as part of its interface?  That seems... poor.
How have you hacked around it?  I think it's fine to #include those
include files when building webkit, but I would see if there's some way
to not #include those windows header files when building GnuCash.