Having trouble downloading

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Fri Oct 16 15:31:27 EDT 2009

Hi Judy,
although this is a user-list question, I will give you an answer: you
downloaded the package that is intended for OSX operating system (Mac).
To download the latest stable release of GnuCash (version 2.2.9) for
Windows you need to open the gnucash homepage (www.gnucash.org) and
select from the left menu "Source code, Windows binary
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=192>" under the
"downloads" section; a page will open. From this page expand the tree
(by clicking on the little triangle left of  the "gnucash (stable)"
text). From the tree, expand again the 2.2.9 version and click on the
text "gnucash-2.2.9-setup.exe
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/2.2.9/gnucash-2.2.9-setup.exe/download>".
After few seconds the download should start.
If you are really lazy here is the direct link:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/gnucash/gnucash%20%28stable%29/2.2.9/gnucash-2.2.9-setup.exe?use_mirror=surfnet

The 2.3.7 version is actually not stable so is suggested to use it only
for testing.

Regards
Cristian